Sparkly Fingers & Toes at Vartani Nail Design
23 Tuesday Oct 2012
Ladies, pull out your iPhones and bookmark this baby! I’ve waited almost a year to write this review out of sheer selfishness. Since getting hooked on 14-day-lasting gel manicures over a year ago, I’ve searched from Silver Lake to Glendale for a salon that would give me consistent results without breaking the bank.
I used to get my nails done in Los Feliz at $40 a pop for the gel and $20 for the pedicure. At $60/visit, not including tip, this luxury twice a month became hard to justify when bad manicures happened at least half the time.
One day, I stumbled on Vartani Nail Design on the Glendale/Eagle Rock crack. Owned by sisters Kelly (big boss) and Nancy (little boss), these Vietnam-born ladies giggled, chatted and worked their way into my heart with consistently perfect, bimonthly mani-pedis. At $20 for a gel manicure and $15 for a pedicure, the cost is reasonable enough to regularly delight my fingers and toes with candy-colored awesomeness.
It’s true that this salon doesn’t have the flashy lighting, lavender-scented air or champagne to offer and that’s just fine. I’ll take the immaculate manicures and put the extra $25 towards a bottle of Chandon.
- Call to make an appointment – it’s a 3-4 person operation and always busy
- In 40 visits, they’ve been available for walk-ins 2 times
- Slather SPF on tops of your hands and fingers before dipping them in the UV light
- $20 for one-color gel manicure, $25 for French gel, $15 for pedicures
- Don’t panic when they service multiple clients simultaneously – it still comes out perfect
- If you become a friendly regular, you get special night/early morning appointment times
Vartani Nail Design, 1339 E. Colorado St., Glendale, CA 91205, (818) 502-9693